APPLETON ESTATE JAMAICA RUM TOUR
- Person Starting at:
In the 15th century, Spanish settlers introduced sugar cane cultivation and the art of distillation to Jamaica. With fertile soil and a perfect climate, Jamaica proved to be ideal for the grass-like sugar cane to flourish. By the 17th Century, there were distilled spirits throughout the region and Jamaica gained the enviable reputation of being the source of the finest rum in the world.
Appleton Estate is located on the South Coast of our paradise island. Upon arrival at the Appleton Estate, a guided tour will take you through the history and stages of the rum processing while a sampling of a few different types of rum awaits you. If you like what you have sampled, please feel free to purchase your favorite bottle directly from the factory, a perfect gift or souvenir collection to take home.
Not recommended for pregnant women and the physically challenged.
- Montego Bay/Rose Hall to the South Coast
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Time: 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:00 am
- Tour Duration: 8 hours
- Availability: Daily (except Sundays and Jamaican public holidays)
- Minimum Age: None
- Other Details: Children under 3 years old: free
Things to know:
- Rates shown include your very own private transportation/vehicle/driver/guide.
- Admission and activities fees are also included.
- APPLETON ESTATE RUM TOUR IS CLOSED ON SUNDAYS AND JAMAICAN PUBLIC HOLIDAYS.
What to bring:
- Water camera
- Water shoes
- Change of clothes
- Pocket money